Friday, November 12, 2010

Children are a Blessing

Children are a blessing not because they are given to you to obey your every rule, to live up to your expectations, to live in such a way as to not make you look bad, to love you, to listen to you, or to make every moment a joy. No, children are a blessing because they are given to you, a poor, pathetic mess of a person, as a gift to teach you, grow you, and edify you as you pour everything you have into them. They are a blessing because God uses them to sanctify you as you stand by them no matter what they do or who they become.

Parents, would you agree? Give your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. I agree 100%. It's amazing how humbling it is to be a parent. The fact that God trusts me enough to give me this precious little girl is amazing to me. It has also given me a deeper understanding of God's love for us. I never quite understood how God could love me through all of my crap, but now I get it. I don't care what Judah does, I can never ever stop loving her. It's such a deep love and bond that is developed as soon as that baby is born. Kids are a HUGE blessing and I can't wait to have more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn,
    Thank you for your input! These thoughts were influenced by something my mom said as well as a book I am currently reading. Since I'm not a mom yet I wanted to get some feedback from people who are parents. I look forward to being a mom and receive my own little blessings!

    ReplyDelete