Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Letter from the Past

I came across this email I sent to Kyle during our courtship. It makes me smile. :) I still feel the same way about my man!

Every time I think about how my life was before I met you, I am reminded of how great of a difference you have made. Before you came along, my life was messy and chaotic, as you know. But now, my life makes so much more sense and it is a heck of a lot easier. I met you on the day that my life seemed to be falling apart and I was experiencing a pain that I had sworn I would never feel again. I never thought that meeting you would somehow make everything better. You really were just what I needed at the time and I totally believe that God knew what He was doing when He had us cross paths when we did. Your listening ear, words of wisdom and kindness, and your genuine concern was unlike anything I had ever truly experienced from a man before. I felt comfortable opening up myself to you little by little. It was a struggle at times but I also felt an odd peace. After all I had gone through, something told me that I could trust you....or else prove to be a fool once again...but it was worth that risk. I love how you express your masculinity in such a gentle way. You are a true gentleman and I find that attractive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment