Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding/MPB 2011/Back to Life

Hello readers!

I've been silent for a while, I know. The past few weeks have been busy! The first week of July was full of wedding events and details as I helped my best friend pull off her special day! Though it was the most stress I have experienced in a long time, it was an honor to be a part of it all and make sure that my dear friend had everything her heart desired. She is now married and I am thrilled to watch her step into her new role and begin this new journey of her life! My husband stilled the memories with the click of our cameras and we have been working hard on mastering those images. The pic on the right is a sneak peak. :)

The following week (in fact, the very morning after the wedding) I joined Criswell professor Baltazar Alvarez and 21 other students (Criswell students and high school students) for a mission trip down to Brownsville, Texas. Can I just say. . . It. Was. AWESOME.

However, I went into the trip tired, stressed, drained, and in much need of a day's break. I was not ready for the trip at all. I had not seen much of my husband and had not had much sleep. I was expecting a long, hard week and I was dreading it. I prayed and asked God to give me a willing heart to serve and the energy to do so. I wanted so much to want to be there and not simply go through the motions just to get through the week and go home. God answered my prayer and blessed me with a fantastic week full of serving Him with a willing attitude, laughter, unity, and a trip that I will never forget. Everyone got along so well and there were a ton of "you-had-to-be-there" moments. As far as ministry goes we partnered with First Baptist Church of Brownsville and helped them with their VBS in the evenings and used the mornings to do some projects. I worked in the youth building, the Freeway. Me and three other Criswell students led the entire youth program the whole week. It was a lot of fun and a great experience.

The week was a success. Buildings got painted, work was completed, the Truth was shared, and people came to know Christ. By the end of it all we were exhausted and ready to get home but we all agreed the trip would go down in history. I can't explain why. . .you just had to be there. :)

Now, it is back to life. It has been great to be back at home with my husband and spend some time with him. It was weird to be without the second half of me for a week. I missed him. I never want to be away from him that long again and hopefully I won't have to. It just doesn't seem right. ;)

1 comment: