Friday, January 20, 2012

Beginning the Process

Today was a very busy day. My husband and I are getting ready to make the move out of the in-laws house and into a duplex that is owned by his parents. The duplex has been empty for a while and now that we're expecting little Grayson it's time to move out and make room for baby. The duplex is in need of some work but is coming along nicely. New floors got put in today and it's looking great. A friend of mine and I went over and began work on the kitchen. We cleaned out the cabinets and drawers and started lining them. I also wiped down the outside of the fridge and the stove. It's looking much better but there is still some work to be done. We didn't get all of the liner in and the cabinets in the laundry room, as well as the pantry, still need to be cleaned out. The kitchen sink is disgusting as well. I'm not sure what needs to be done there but I know I'm not dealing with it! That is a man's job if there ever was one! lol

There is also some work that needs to be done in the bathroom and the backyard needs a new fence but that is also a man's job. I'm mainly concerned about getting things cleaned and functional at this point. It will still be some time before we can start moving but at least the process is going; I am happy about that. I look forward to getting Grayson's room set up the most I think. I already have it envisioned and I can't wait to make it happen! I think it's going to look really cute. :)

After all of the work today I am feeling quite drained. It still amazes me how little work it takes to wear me out and how much more effort I have to put forth in order to get things done. I think the most exhausting thing I did was scrub the fridge and I was doing that while sitting down! Ha! It did feel good to be active though and I will probably sleep extra good tonight. Especially if I can get Kyle to give me a massage. . .which I can. . .and will. ;)

Goodnight, friends!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! I was so exhausted from cleaning out the cabinets that I was still tired on Sunday!! I'm fine now. Being pregnant really does drain you though.

    Your house is looking really great! I'm so excited for yall and can't wait to see how baby Grayson's room comes along.

    ReplyDelete