Thursday, September 8, 2011

Meet My Favorite Hip Hop Artist

Have you ever heard of Lecrae? If you haven't you need to go to YouTube right now and listen to one of his songs. 

Have you done it yet? Go! Do it now!

Seriously...you can't read any further until you do. I suggest "God is Enough." If you can't understand the lyrics, look them up on Google.

Lecrae is the best rapper and it's not because he raps well, though he does....I assume...I wouldn't really know being a white girl. 

The reason he's the best is because of his lyrics. His lyrics are solid. Why? Because he raps theology. What? Did you read that right? Yes, he raps theology, reformed theology. He raps Truth and it's clear that he does it not for himself but for the glory of God. His testimony is awesome, his humility is convicting, and his unashamed declaration of the Gospel is encouraging. God has given him a great gift and is using it to spread His Truth. I think it's awesome how God uses the things of the world, such as misfits and hip hop, to build His Kingdom. 

They said You came for the lame,
I'm the lamest
I made a mess
But You say You'll erase it
I'll take it

They say You came for the lame,
I'm the lamest
I broke my life but You say You'll replace it
I'll take it

- Just Like You by Lecrae



Check out this great interview with Lecrae and Trip Lee to learn more about Lecrae and his ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment