Friday, September 16, 2011

For My Husband on His Birthday

My husband's birthday is tomorrow and as I bake his chocolate cupcakes with chocolate ganache frosting and prepare for the festivities of tomorrow, I am reminded to take a moment and think of all the reasons I love and appreciate Kyle Kerby.

1. The first thing that drew me to him was his genuine kindness and care for a complete stranger. He is a far better person than I am.

2. I remember watching him worship and being struck by the fact that he wasn't putting on a show.

3. He is a gentleman.

4. His sense of style. :)

5. His laugh when he is truly enjoying himself.

6. The way he treats his mother.

7. The way he honors me.

8. His silliness....even though it does annoy me at times. ;)

9. The way he takes care of me.

10. The times he surprises me with the little things; like flowers, a new book, or coming home from work early.

11. His ability to show emotion.

12. He is very talented in a plethora of things. He knows more than he thinks he does and would never tell you.

13. He is humble.

14. He is intelligent.

15. When I hear him pray, talk about God, or stand up for his convictions, I am incredibly encouraged.

16. The way he loves his dog. :)

17. He is selfless.

18. He is loyal and faithful.

19. He is honest.

20. He's not perfect but he's perfect for me.

Being married to Kyle is teaching me a great deal about myself. Marriage tends to put a spot light on a person's imperfections because you realize how selfish and ungodly you really are. But at the same time, marriage shows you how great of a need there is to be close to Jesus. Thanks to my husband and our marriage, I am being sanctified and, little by little, becoming more like Jesus. It will take a lifetime which is why "I am my beloved's and he is mine". . .for a lifetime.

Thanks for being my husband, Kyle. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment