Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's Almost Over

I hate being stressed out. It makes me unpleasant. I have two more weeks until the semester is over and I am so ready. I'm tired of doing homework and playing catch up. This semester has been so crazy and out of whack for me. I don't like it. It's almost over. It's almost over. It's almost over.

Kyle and I have been looking at our finances and creating a budget. This is the worst time possible to be doing that. It only adds to my stress. Seriously, this past week has been unpleasant for me; just ask my husband. Poor guy.

We need to buy another car by June which instigated the budgeting. I'm all for budgeting and spending our money wisely but it's a stressful and often upsetting task. I'm definitely all for buying another car since I will need one this summer but that too is a slightly overwhelming task as well. Figuring out what we need, what we can afford, and choosing a reliable car has been less than fun for me. I think it's mostly because of school sucking the joy and life out of me at the moment but also, I've never owned a car before so I don't really know what I'm doing. Kyle knows more than I do, thank God, but it's still a bit confusing for me. I'm at that, "whatever, I don't care anymore" stage; just give me something that I can tolerate, gets me from point A to point B, and won't leave me stranded.

I'm planning on taking a summer class in June. I know, I'm fed up with school and I want to take a summer class, it doesn't make much sense. However, it does make sense when it's one of the four remaining classes I need to take and it's ONLY offered during the summer this year. Though it will be very challenging to be at class at 8 in the morning and even more challenging to sit in class for four hours, it only lasts for five days. I can handle that. . .I think. . .

Next semester will be very different. One class will be from 10:45am to 1:15pm on Mondays. My other class isn't even being offered but I think I'll be able to do an independent study with the professor. My last class will only be offered on the five Saturdays in October from 8am to 5pm. Weird, huh? It should be a fairly easy going semester though. I need that! I'm a dang senior after all!

Well, I need to get back to the homework. . .I have some research to do on Roman education and I also need to practice my lesson that I may or may not give tonight. I hate not knowing! It's almost over, it's almost over, it's almost over, it's almost over. . . . . . .

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain :( I didn't graduate until Adam and I had been married for about a year and a half... and we struggled a lot financially during that time (sadly, we struggle even more now, but at least school is behind me!). It's a lot to handle, but you can do it. It'll be over soon and in a few years, you'll only vaguely remember the stress of this past semester! As far as a car goes, my advice is to get something with good gas mileage! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement, Dawn. :) Yes, a car that gets good gas mileage is a priority! We've looked at Hybrids which get amazing gas mileage but are pretty pricey! The Lord will provide, I'm trusting.

    ReplyDelete