Thursday, April 28, 2011

Our Easter Weekend

This past weekend was a fun one. Friday was spent with the hubby and we went to the Good Friday service at church that night. Afterward we went to a Chinese restaurant and it was yuuuummy!! I love Chinese food and I hadn't had it in a while. Kyle will have to take me back there sometime. :)

Saturday we woke up early and headed to a Toyota dealership. Kyle had found a 2010 Scion XD on AutoTrader and I thought it looked really cute. It only had 11,000 miles on it and was reasonably priced. We went to take a look at it and I really liked it soooo. . .we bought it! :) It doesn't really feel like mine yet. I can't drive it yet but I will be as soon as I get my license so it'll feel more like mine then. Kyle is pretty pleased with it too and likes driving it. As soon as I can drive it he won't be allowed to anymore! lol

Saturday night Kyle and I went to see Quo Vadis' production of Fiddler on the Roof! It was really good! Kyle doesn't like musicals but even he enjoyed the show. It's a whole different experience when you see one live than watching one on TV. Seeing one live makes you realize how tough it is to sing, dance, and act like that! I love seeing musicals and plays and I hadn't seen one in a long time so I had a lot of fun. I can't wait to do it again!

Sunday was Easter and Kyle and I went to church. Afterward we went home and got ready to go to the family gathering at the park. We took our dog, Trudy, with us. She doesn't get out of the house hardly at all so we thought she would enjoy it. I think she did but she was also nervous around so many strangers. She is such a pretty dog that everyone wants to pet her but she wasn't too sure about it. She did alright though. I think it was good for her. We were also able to "test" how she would react to a potentially threatening situation. I was squatting next to her petting her and talking to her when a ball bounced by next to us which startled us both. Then a guy came running after the ball which looked to Trudy like a guy running at me. As he ran by she lunged at him and nearly got him. I yanked her back and she immediately became submissive. She is such a good dog. It scared me and everyone else who saw it happen but she did just what she should have done. If a guy comes running at me and she feels like it's a threatening situation then she needs to attack! We now know that she'll protect us and that's a good to know.

It was a nice weekend and now it's over. I'm halfway through a busy week and even closer to being done with the semester! I have about 21 things left on my to-do list and they will be checked off one by one. I can't wait until I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment