Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Is In The Air

It's Valentine's Day! The day where everyone gives out candy, flowers, valentines, and shows extra appreciation for that special someone or wishes there was a special someone to spend the day with. Being the closeted romantic that I am, I have always enjoyed Valentine's Day, even when I was single. I didn't loath it like other single gals did. It wasn't always pleasant being reminded that I was single but I would dream of the day when I had someone who loved me and would make the day special. I dreamed of being pursued.

I remember the first Valentine's Day I had with Kyle. We had only been dating a month and I didn't know what to expect. V-Day fell on a Sunday that year so we went to church and then he brought me back to his parents house. He took me to his room where he had transformed it into a private restaurant. He had a table and chairs decked out with a tablecloth, flowers and rose petals, lunch, and sparkling grape juice. He had classical music playing on the TV and rose petals were strewn everywhere. There were also lots of little gifts sitting on the dresser and bedside table. I was blown away. It was the most thoughtful and romantic Valentine's Day I had ever had.

Kyle has yet to outdo that year but he doesn't have to. He's my husband now and everyday is like Valentine's Day in our home. I don't think a day goes by without him telling me that he loves me and he's constantly telling me how beautiful I am. He likes to surprise me with little gifts here and there but I think what I appreciate most is that he never allows me to doubt his love for me. I hear it everyday and I see it in the little things that he does. I see it when he rubs my back, when he gets me glasses of water, when he helps me clean, and when he put things away for me without being asked. I see it when he passes up time to play Skyrim to spend time with me. I see it when he chooses something I like over what he likes. It's the little things, not the big, flashy, expensive things, that show me he loves and appreciates me.

I know of husbands who never tell their wives that they love them and rarely do anything for them. I am so thankful that I have a husband who thinks of me, considers me, and cherishes me. I'm thankful that he tells me and that he shows me on a regular basis. I love him so much.




I love this song by FM Radio.
Be My Only
"Watch your hands move along my face they trace all the lines I've lived/It isn't hard to love your scars cause that's everywhere you've been"


1 comment: