Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Grayson Update #2

As of Saturday Grayson is now in an open bed, is no longer hooked up to an IV, and no longer has to have help regulating his body temperature. And as of today he no longer has a feeding tube! He is now taking all of his feedings by bottle which are about 95% Mommy's milk. :) He is eating really well and overall he is doing really great. I gave him a bottle tonight and he took it much better than last time. It made me so happy and proud to see him sucking away at that bottle with only a little encouragement from me.

I also got to dress him in a preemie outfit that turned out to be a little too big on him. He needs to get just a little more chubby to fill out the clothes. He weighs 4 pounds 9 ounces now and hopefully he'll be close to or at 5 pounds by the time he comes home.

Speaking of which...he may be able to come home this Sunday! I was told by the nurse practitioner that his heart rate dropped below 100 last night so he is on a 5 day apnea watch. If his heart rate doesn't drop that low again in the next 5 days then he will be able to come home on Sunday! She also told me that this is very common for preemies and if it does happen again then they can't send him home but that he'll most likely grow out of it by 37 or 38 weeks. It happens because he's premature and by 37 weeks his little body will be more mature and more capable of functioning the way its suppose to. If it doesn't happen again within the next 5 days then it isn't a concern and they will let him go home. Please be praying that his heart rate will stay within the normal range and that he'll be able to come home on Sunday! I feel confident that he will but I don't want to get my hopes up either. I'll just be praying extra hard this week and relying on the Lord's timing. Please join me and, Lord willing, we'll have our baby boy home soon!

1 comment:

  1. That look he's giving the camera is precious. What a sweet blessing and an opportunity to trust God. Y'all are setting a really great example. Praise God! :-)

    ReplyDelete