Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sleep, Sleep, Sleep!

There once was a time when I had a big imagination and lots of energy to carry out the things my mind would create but once I hit puberty, that all stopped. My creativity has waned though it pops back up every now and then. My energy, on the other hand, is basically completely gone. I don't know where it went or what happened to make it leave. From the time I was a teenager to this day I have complained of always feeling tired and low on energy. Some days are better than others but those days are rare. Even when I get a normal night's sleep I feel tired throughout the day. For being so tired you would think I wouldn't have trouble sleeping! I've gotten blood tests done many times throughout the years to see if I'm low on iron or if there is anything physically wrong that makes me feel this way all the time. Nothing has ever come up, I'm completely healthy. So what's the problem?

I've spoken of my trouble sleeping lately and I might have found a helpful solution. Two nights ago I began taking calcium supplements with vitamin D and from what I can tell, they do make me sleepy. Instead of hours of lying awake, it's now more like one hour. That's still not great but it is an improvement. I'm still sleeping until noon though and that's something I want to stop. This week my goal is to get myself out of bed by 11. I'll gradually work my way to getting out of bed by 9. I think if I do this it will make a difference in how I'm currently feeling. I may always be low on energy and tired but I can't let that so greatly affect my lifestyle. I keep thinking, "I feel like I'm drained now, what am I gonna do when I have a baby?!" So hopefully by the time that happens I'll have better control of this whole sleeping/energy thing. :)

So, as I try to get my sleep schedule correct and my daily schedule back in order I ask that y'all would pray for me! Pray I'll be diligent and have the will power to make myself get out of bed even when I don't want to. And pray that my emotions won't be badly affected because I am so sick and tired of feeling this way. I just want to feel normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment