Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Favorite Time of Year

October is here! The weather is getting cooler (even if it is only in the low 80's here in Texas), the sun is retreating earlier, and Fall is in the air! I love the Fall and Winter seasons. I love the feeling of anticipation, excitement, and coziness I get when this time of year rolls around. The holidays are just around the corner and though a lot of people get all bent out of shape about it, I just get excited! I don't know how anyone could NOT like the holidays. I love everything about it, always have, probably always will. If Kyle and I could have waited long enough I would have wanted to get married in October or November but we just couldn't wait! My longing to be Mrs. Kerby trumped my desire for the ideal wedding. Besides, November already has something special to celebrate (besides Thanksgiving, that is). My birthday! That's probably another reason I like this time of year so much!

This holiday season will be different. I'll have a husband to spend it with and that is special to me. Last season was very difficult for me, I wasn't able to enjoy the holidays like I usually do, but this year, it will be so much better. Though last year was not a good time for me, there was a blessing and joy amidst the heartache. I met Kyle on December 6th. He helped me through the process of healing and letting go. And though my favorite time was tainted that year, Kyle brought with him a little bit of hope. The moment I met him I somehow knew that I could trust him. Kyle possessed a comfort and security that I had never known before in a man. Through the month of December and into January Kyle talked to me everyday and helped me through my time of heart break. This is another reason why this time of year is so special to me. Not only do I remember through these upcoming months of the hope that Jesus gave through his life, death and resurrection which we celebrate through Christmas, but now I remember of a hope that God gave me through a man who became my husband. All of the hope, joy, fun and laughter that I experience during my favorite time of year, through the songs, lights, decorations, the food, the weather, the holiday specials on TV and the holiday spirit, reminds me of the hope and joy I have in Jesus Christ. This may sound odd to you but that's what it is for me, that's why I enjoy this time of year so much. There are so many good memories associated with this time of year and now I can make more good memories with the husband that I love so much.

So, to all you scrooges out there: there is joy to be had during this time of year so stop being so scroogy and find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment