Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday Thoughts

Well, it has been a week and my sleeping habits have improved some. I'm still working on it but I think I've seen some good results. I still feel tired and I don't have a lot of energy but my emotions are better and I don't feel like I'm gonna strangle someone!

I'm not thinking very well today...in fact I just told a friend that I am nearly zombified. So, I'm afraid my thoughts will be fragmented.

A few nights ago for dinner I made braised short ribs in Guinness. I had never braised anything before nor had I ever cooked with beer. It turned out to be a dangerous experience. I knew that hot oil could burn very badly but I had never experienced this before. I was placing these ribs into the pan with the very hot oil and it splattered everywhere on multiple occasions. I didn't feel the initial contact of oil to flesh but later discovered the wound. The oil had eaten through I don't know how many layers of flesh and it burned pretty bad. It was well worth it though because the meal was delicious and Kyle loved it. Next time I make it I'm going to use tongs when putting the meat in the pan! You live and you learn.

Kyle and I are working on setting up our photography business. It has been very time consuming. Pricing things is very boring even if it does mean we might receive some profit. The only thing I like about this whole business scheme is taking pictures and interacting with clients. I'm not a business person at all and find that starting up a business is very boring. The thought of making some money is nice but isn't a real motivation for me. If it weren't for my husband I wouldn't be doing any of this. In fact, I wouldn't have discovered that I enjoy photography. This business, however, is more of Kyle's baby than mine. I help him and though I couldn't care less for money I make sure he isn't selling himself short. I believe we are good photographers and Kyle does have skill so we deserve some payment. I'm just not enjoying the process of setting up and getting started. I simply enjoy taking pictures of people and would love the opportunity to do maternity pictures and kids portraits. That would be fun.

This weekend I am going out to Hidden Acres to help lead a girls leadership retreat. I'm not 100% sure what my role will be...either a small group leader or craft leader or both, I'm not entirely sure yet. But either way, please pray that the weekend will go well and that the Lord will be working in the hearts of the girls who will be there. It's important that young girls understand their roles as females and that they come to know how God views them. If they understand these two things I believe that they can make a difference in the world around them and in everything they touch. They can be leaders and examples of love and faith. Being a female is amazing and wonderfully unique. This is not a message young girls get very often but it is one they need to hear. So be in prayer this weekend for the Daughters of Eve Girls Leadership Retreat.

Well, that's about all that is going on that is new and exciting so until next time...

Everyone have a great week! God bless!
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment