Thursday, September 16, 2010

All Who Are Weary

God is my shepherd/I won’t be wanting/I won’t be wanting/He makes me rest/In fields of green/With quiet streams/Even though I walk through the valley/Of death and dying/I will not fear/Cause You are with me/You are with me/Your shepherd staff comforts me/You are my feast in the presence of enemies/Surely goodness will follow me/Follow me/In the house of God forever – Jon Foreman



This past weekend was a good one. Kyle and I drove to my parents’ house in Spring, TX on Friday night and stayed until Monday. Saturday was spent baking cupcakes, a doll cake, making icing, and helping my sister prepare for Isabella’s surprise party. Saturday evening Kyle and I took my brother’s senior pictures. I think between the two of us we got a handful of really good pictures. It’s hard to believe my little brother is 18 and a senior in high school! Time flies.

Sunday we went to church with my parents and heard a poorly preached sermon. :/ I’ll leave it at that.  That afternoon my little sister had a soccer game so Kyle and I took our cameras and got some action shots. It was soooo hot so I didn’t try very hard to get decent pictures. Kyle had way more fun with it. We had to leave before the game ended because I needed to get back to the house and start decorating cakes. I shaped the cupcakes into fairy wings and decorated them with green and pink icing. It took about an hour or more but it turned out really cute! With only half an hour to finish the doll cake I rushed through the decorating so it didn’t turn out as nice as I would have liked but it was still cute and everyone liked it, especially Isabella. The doll cake was for her specifically and the cupcakes were for everyone else. They tasted so good!

The surprise party came off well. When Mike brought Isabella to the park she got out of the car and was laughing and saying, “Y’all tricked me!” Kyle and I shot some cute pictures throughout the party of the kids playing, the family visiting, and Isabella opening her presents. I can’t believe my niece is six years old! I remember when she was born and it feels like it wasn’t that long ago. Again, time flies.
Kyle and I have a lot of pictures to go through. We haven’t even done anything with the wedding pictures but upload them to the computer. Now we have senior pictures, game pictures, and birthday party pictures to upload, go through, and send off to the family! It feels like there isn’t enough time in the day to get everything done. However, I will have more time on my hands now that I no longer have to go to school on Thursdays. That will give me more time to do things with the house, like finish organizing the kitchen. I will be happy when everything has a place and occupies that place!

Last week was a busy week and then this past weekend was non-stop. After leaving Houston Monday afternoon we went straight to school for my evening class. Then Tuesday I was at school all day. Since Wednesday I've been feeling really drained and low on energy. Kyle wasn't feeling very good yesterday either. So I'm taking it easy this week, just doing what has to be done and ignoring everything else. lol I'm pretty use to being responsible for only myself. When I was single, I got myself to class, did my homework, and then laid around reading or watching TV. I did laundry when I needed to. Now, not only do I go to class and do my homework, but I clean, cook, bake, take care of three dogs when no one else is home, and I do laundry at least once a week because if I don't, Kyle won't have anything to wear to work. I'm more busy now because I have more to do and maybe it's a shock to my body. I think I've gotten pretty use to it by now but I decided yesterday that I needed to take some down time.

I know this entry hasn't been that great or interesting so I apologize. I'm a bit out of it as I explained above. :) I will leave with this:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment