Friday, May 6, 2011

My Day of Baking

2:50pm - I'm about three hours into baking the 50+ cupcakes for a baby shower tomorrow. I've baked the chocolate and I'm currently baking the strawberry. I have one burn on my finger and I've discovered that I love wax paper. That stuff rocks! I have also learned to always remember to spay the pan before pouring the batter in. Three cupcakes have not made it. :/

3:08pm - It turns out that I forgot to spray the pan that went in the oven. Only one of those cupcakes survived. I won't forget to spray the pan ever again.

3:26pm - If I want to bake cupcakes or cakes for events more often I'm going to need a bigger fridge. Or, better yet, a second fridge just for cakes!

3:46pm - When taking cupcakes out of the pan, put spatula straight down between the cupcake and pan. Do not put the spatula at an angle. (If you do something enough times you notice patterns and how to do it better.)

4:09pm - Break time. All of the cupcakes are done. I just need to whip up some icing but first, a break and some food.

5:00pm - I like how smooth cream cheese icing is. It's awesome!

5:09pm - The icing is done, now to clean up - my least favorite part. :( Where are the cleaning faries?

5:24pm - Ah, clean up done. Time to rest. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment