Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Here Comes a New Year

My Christmas was a wonderful time spent with family. I got to meet and hold my baby niece Cilicia and cherished the time I spent with her. She is so cute and cuddly! :)

Christmas Eve Eve was my little sister's birthday so me, Kyle, and our friend Chase helped chaperon her birthday party. We had like 15 teenage girls we had to keep busy so we led games for them. That was both fun and chaotic. Teenage girls like to scream and have a hard time focusing...I had forgotten. ;)

Christmas Eve was spent baking our favorite cookie recipes: chocolate chip and butter cookies. My big brother, John-Paul, used to do all the baking when he was younger but then past it on to me when I was old enough. So I baked the chocolate chip and he baked the butter cookies. John-Paul kept remembering all of the food we used to eat growing up and the different old recipes in the family. It was fun to reminisce and fill our bellies with cookies.

Later that night we went to the Christmas Eve Candle Light Service at my parent's church then came home and ordered pizza. Yum! Later, my sister-in-law (who usually opens presents on Christmas Eve) convinced my brother to open a present from her. We were all glad she did because it was an Xbox Kinect! John-Paul hooked it up and we all played for hours. It was really fun and hilarious to watch each other play. Even my mom got in on it and we all laughed as she danced, kicked, and punched the air. As someone who usually doesn't like video games, I really enjoyed it because one, it got the whole family involved and two, YOU are the controller which means your whole body is moving and being active. I felt so sore for like two days after that night!

Around 10 or 11 the electricity started to blink on and off. It was really weird because it wouldn't just blink but click off for a minute and then come back on and then cut off again. Finally it cut off completely and we had to light candles. It had been raining that night and apparently lighting struck a power line. We were without electricity until around midnight but we kept ourselves occupied. We surrounded ourselves with candles and played Pictionary. That was fun and I do believe I was the winner in that game. :)

Christmas Day my sister had us all up early. We opened presents and then lounged around and played some more Kinect until we went over to my grandparents house for lunch. It was a good, tiring day and we all slept in Sunday morning. Kyle and I took our time moving around but eventually headed home by 2pm.

It was a great Christmas and probably the most fun my family has had all together in a long time. It was a blessing to have everyone there and, for the most part, getting along and having a good time together. I am thankful to God for a wonderful Christmas season and an awesome year. He has blessed me greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment