Monday, December 20, 2010

This Christmas

This Christmas is me and Kyle's first Christmas together. So far it has had its ups and downs but I think this week should be a good one. Kyle is working today and tomorrow and Wednesday we are spending the day preparing to travel on Thursday. There is laundry to do, clothes to pack, and a few more presents to wrap. On Thursday we'll head to Spring, TX to spend Christmas with my family. My big brother and his wife are coming from Austin as well so my parents will have all their kids home for Christmas! It will be the first time for all of us to be together for a holiday in two years! I think the last time was Thanksgiving 2008. Kyle and I will both have our cameras so we'll get lots of family pictures! I'm excited and looking forward to the few days we get to be there.

I love Christmas time but as I get older it seems that life experiences take away the magical feeling that Christmas time used to bring. I don't want to become a Scrooge or a Grinch, I want to always love and enjoy Christmas, but it becomes harder with each year. However, along with those hard life experiences comes the lesson of learning to trust God and have faith in Him. So, this Christmas, as with any Christmas, I recall to the forefront of my mind the birth of Jesus Christ and the Father's plan of redemption. I remember the hope that I have because of Christ's birth, death, and resurrection. I remember that Jesus is the reason of every day, of every step, and of every breath. Whether Christmas comes in that magical way or not, the purpose of this holiday remains the same; to celebrate God's perfect Gift of salvation, love, and grace.

"And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.'"-- Luke 2:8-12

2 comments:

  1. I have been told that Christmas becomes magical again when you start having kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm sure it does! I look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete