Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Dog Story

At 6:45am I was snuggled in bed sleeping peacefully when I woke up to Trudy adding the color yellow to our multi-colored rug at the foot of our bed. "Blagg-chk Blagg-chk."

My husband and I bolted up in bed; him not knowing what the sound was and me knowing exactly what it was. "Trudy is throwing up" I said in response to my husband's questioning. Upon hearing her name Trudy came running around the bed to me and even though I told her, "No! No!" she jumped up on the bed. Before I could call her down she puked on our sheets. By this time Kyle was up inspecting the rug and in our awake-yet-not-awake state we cleaned the rug and changed the sheets. Neither Kyle or I are morning people and we don't like to be disturbed while sleeping so it's surprising how well we worked together to clean up our beloved dog's vomit. I was later amazed at how simply we got up, with little complaint, and just did what had to be done. We had no anger towards Trudy or each other. *sniff* I think we're growing up. ;)

While cleaning up the puke on the bed I couldn't help but think that this may be the first time for us to wake up to vomit but it won't be the last. Hopefully Kyle and I will work together just as well when it's a baby and not a dog. Either way I don't want to be cleaning up anymore puke any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment