Friday, February 25, 2011

School & Baking

*phew* Things are finally starting to slow down. The time line was eventually memorized and the exam taken. I received a 100 which I'm very thankful for but I'm even happier that it's over! Now I have more time to focus on Hebrew again. I don't know what it is about this semester but it has been hard to keep up with everything. I don't have too much longer to go though!

In my Principles of Teaching class we do a lot of group work. I like the class but I don't like working in a group. It's not that I don't like people or that I can't work with them, it's just that I work better on my own. I feel constrained, held back, by working in a group. I have more freedom and more flexibility by working on my own. Having to work in a group has been challenging. It's especially challenging because we have to come up with a Bible lesson and then teach it together. I find this difficult because you've got three or four different people with different personalities, different views of Scripture with different theologies, and you have to somehow convey the Bible lesson using certain principles. I'm big on not reading into Scripture and making it say what you want it to and it's hard to keep to that when you're working with other people who think differently than you. I enjoy the opportunity to teach and learn how to teach better but I'm not loving the group experience. I can't get out of it so maybe by the end of the semester I'll be more comfortable with it or at least learn how to work in a group better. It is a good way to learn how to work with different people though.


I have really been into baking lately. I have made three new cake recipes this month. I made a banana cake for me and Kyle's six month anniversary and it was good! I iced it with buttercream but I think next time I'll use cream cheese. A few weeks ago I made a chocolate marvel cake which was delicious! The chocolate icing had a bit of a mocha kick to it that was, well, icing on the cake. ;) Last week I made a strawberry cake with cream cheese icing. I'm not big on putting fruit in my dessert...just doesn't sound right...but it really isn't so bad! The cream cheese icing taste awesome and I think next time I'll actually add more strawberries to give the cake itself just a bit more taste. I love baking but I don't need to be eating all of this cake all the time so if you ever want a cake, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, or pies just let me know! I'd love to bake for you! ;) Everything I bake is made from scratch and has no trans fat. It's the real deal!

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm looking forward to mine...I have no plans and very little pressing homework. Ah. :) I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment