Monday, February 28, 2011

My Personality Type

I took a personality test and these were the results:

Introverted 96%
Extroverted 4%

Sensing 68%
Intuitive 32%

Thinking 65%
Feeling 35%

Judging 95%
Perceiving 5%

I'm a ISTJ and you can read my detailed results at http://typelogic.com/istj.html

I find this funny b/c this is how I feel
sometimes but I don't hate anyone

These results don't surprise me; they describe me pretty well. I am very introverted. I don't like to be around strangers or apart of a large group of people. I prefer a few close friends than a whole crowd of friends. Looking people in the eye scares me unless I'm having a one-on-one conversation. I prefer one-on-one conversations but even that is hard for me. I am very bad at communicating verbally.

I am extremely realistic. I like to know facts. I experience things through my senses and see things through the truth I know. I have to break things down in order to understand the big picture. I love structure, schedules, organization. I function my life in only one way and it is very difficult for me to be thrown out of whack.

I think A LOT. I lose sleep due to my overactive mind. I think about everything. I think before I act or speak which is why it usually takes me a long time to say or do anything. This is why I love to write; it gives me a chance to think as long as I need to before bearing my mind and heart. I feel as well but thinking and feeling go hand in hand usually. If I think a certain way then a feel a certain way. I don't tend to express my feelings, I feel them and deal with them on the inside; but there are times when the emotions can't help but overflow. They build up after a while and explode. I've written about this before. I think it's because I'm mainly a thinker and don't know how to handle how I feel in a healthy way. I think sometimes my "thinking" and my "feelings" are at odds with each other and when my emotions are spinning out of control my mind is thinking "what are you doing? what's wrong with you?" There are plenty of times when my emotions win and I go against what my mind is telling me. I just don't know how to balance the two out and deal with my feelings. I hope I figure it out soon...it is very exhausting.

I like how blunt Simon is...
but people like Simon and I
need to learn to speak the
truth in LOVE!
I'll say it, I'll admit it, I judge. I form opinions and make judgments and stick to it. It is very hard to get me to change my mind once it is made up. Actually, no one can make me change my mind. I have to think about it and then change it myself. I am very loyal to the way I think and view things. I have a hard time perceiving things from a different point of view. I try to hold firmly onto the things I know are absolute Truth and Biblical but I admit that sometimes I get my own opinions confused with absolute truth. I know I need to have more compassion and be more gracious when people think differently than I do. That is very hard for me though because I'm often appalled when I find out someone thinks differently about something that I am so sure is right and true. I find most people stupid and incompetent but I'll be honest in saying that there are plenty of times when I'm stupid and incompetent too. As much of a tragedy as it is I am human just like everyone else. Trust me, I'm still coming to terms with that.

I know I may come across as snobby and prideful but I don't want to. I'll let you in on a little secret: I struggle with self-esteem. I may say things that insinuate that I think I'm better than other people and honestly sometimes I do think that but when it comes right down to it I know that I am not. I know it and I struggle with it because I'm a perfectionist and want so much to do what is right and handle everything with maturity and wisdom all the time. I try too hard and fail and fall hard. I seek for balance but a well balanced life would be perfection and I am far from that.

Overall I enjoy being me and what I always go back to brings me hope. The Lord loves me and never gives up on me and He's given me a husband who does the same. There are many things that I can improve about myself and with the Lord's help and guidance and the years of experience and learning that still await me, I hope that by the time I die, despite my sinful nature and hard personality, I will have lived a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment