Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Wife's Fear

I woke up at 3:50am and immediately knew something was wrong. I felt my hubby's side of the bed and it was empty. I looked at the clock and went into panic mode. I texted him "where are you?" and waited to hear his phone go off somewhere in the house. Nothing. I then rushed to the window to see if his car was parked out front. It wasn't. My next thought was that something had happened on his way home from work. He was in an accident and badly hurt. Maybe even dead. My next horrible and less likely thought was that he was cheating on me. LOL I thought all of this in the time frame of a few seconds and then my phone alerted me to an incoming text. He had texted me back saying he was on his way home. I calmed down and went back to bed. I'm now mad at him though for working so late and nearly causing me a panic attack! :P

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Similar things have happened to me, and it is emotionally draining... all in a matter of seconds, like you said. Recently, Adam lost his phone, and I thought it strange that I hadn't heard from him anyway, so I called and called and called. After about 10 minutes, I was pretty much in tears, thinking that he was seriously injured somewhere. He always fusses at me for worrying for much, but seriously, it's terrifying thinking that something has happened to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I was not laughing at your predicament but at the fact that you were mad at him after it all. I'm the same way... I wish they'd think to contact us instead of letting us worry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol It is terrifying! It's even worse when you're half asleep! lol He probably didn't tell me because he didn't want to wake me up but I would have preferred that over waking up in a panic!

    ReplyDelete