Monday, January 17, 2011

Another Semester

The Spring 2011 semester begins for me tomorrow. I wasn't too excited about it at first. School has kinda lost it's excitement and fun for me since I got married. Now, however, I'm starting to look forward to it. My classes this semester should be fun and interesting and I'm starting to feel the anticipation of learning and reading and writing again. Yes, I'm a nerd; I enjoy school.

My classes this semester are The Roman World, Hebrew 2, Principles of Teaching and History & Philosophy of Christian Education. I expect Roman World to be the most difficult. I've seen the maps that I have to memorize and regurgitate. . .it's pretty intimidating. And Professor Spencer's exams are always very hard...I think only a handful of students have received A's on his exams. He's one of the nicest and smartest professors you'll ever meet though.

Hebrew 2 is likely to pose its challenges as well. Though I really enjoy Hebrew and I did exceptionally well in Hebrew 1, I know Hebrew 2 is harder and the fact that I haven't looked at Hebrew in the past two months doesn't help. I'm not too worried though. I believe it will come back to me. Dr. Warstler is also one of the nicest, gracious and smartest professors you'll ever meet.

Principles of Teaching and History & Philosophy of Christian Education should both be enjoyable classes. They are right up my alley as far as my interests go. They will both help me learn how to be a teacher. The Christian Education class I am doing as an independent study so I'll be following the lectures online and doing all of my work at home. I am looking forward to it because the work seems like something I'll enjoy doing. I thank God that He gave me a joy for reading and a gift for writing because that's all college is. That's probably why I don't mind school so much. :)

Well, it all starts this week on Tuesday and Thursday. Kyle is actually taking Hebrew 2 with me so that will definitely help make Tuesday less boring and long. It should be fun taking a class together. :) He should be thankful his wife is so good at Hebrew. . . ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment