Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Year Ago Today

A year ago today I began dating the man who would become my husband. I remember it well. The night before Kyle and I had been hanging out with some friends and after I had left Kyle texted me hours into the night. I don't remember all of the details of how it happened but eventually Kyle pried it out of me that I liked him. He obviously felt the same way because he asked me out on an official date. It was a Monday night and he picked me up from school and took me to see Leap Year. I remember feeling very nervous and a little hesitant but deep in my heart I knew that this was right. While in the car he asked me to get something out of his glove compartment and when I opened it, there were two flowers waiting for me. My heart jumped into my throat. I kept those flowers for as long as they lived.

Later at the movie theater, before the movie started, I poured out the story of my hurting heart and Kyle listened intently. Though I don't remember much of what was said I remember that he listened and that I was able to share such personal things with a guy I had hardly come to know. From the day we met I knew I was able to trust Kyle; there's just something about him that makes you trust him. I've never trusted a guy like that so quickly.

When we went to claim two seats in the theater I remember the overwhelming desire to grab his arm and hold it tight. So I took a risk and I did. ;) He responded by putting the arm rest up and putting his arm around me. I felt so at home.

The movie was good, the company even better, and though I didn't want to leave him, by the end of the night I was ready to go home and cry. The tears didn't hold back until home though because I felt like I couldn't leave him until I expressed what was on my mind. I had had such a good time with him and felt so at home with him in such a way I had not felt in a very long time. His hand being in mine made sense. It felt right and good. My heart was in turmoil but somehow this man hugging me, comforting me, brought me peace. It didn't take long for my heart to be at complete peace. Never had God answered my prayers so quickly. Never did I doubt that this was His will. He has blessed me with a year full of joy, laughter, and love. It has been one of the best years that I have had in a long time. Thank you, Lord, for my hubby. I love him very much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment