Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 1: Things to Say to Ten People I Love

1) Kyle - I love you so much. You are such a good husband and my best friend. It's so weird to think about how just a year ago we weren't even dating yet finding interest in each other more and more. It happened so randomly and quickly but I don't regret it at all. Being with you brought so much peace to my heart and though I didn't want to fall in love with you, I just couldn't help myself. :) Thank you for being yourself and being everything I need. You are my beloved and you are mine. I love you.

2) Grace - I'm so glad you reached out to me in the Criswell coffee shop four years ago. The times we had as single girls was so much fun!!! I'm so thankful that we became such close friends and even though we lose touch every now and then you're still my best girlfriend and I hope that our kids can grow up together!! haha ;)

3) Kimberly - I miss you!! All the times you, me and Grace had while at Criswell was so much fun! The sleepovers, the outings, all the giggling, talking and crying. . .the three of us were kindred spirits. Even though we don't see each other very often I love how we can connect immediately after so much time apart. We need to hang out soon! The three of us! And make it like old times. ;) I miss and love you!

4) Chase - Even though I'm married now, you're still a good friend and I think back on our best friendship with a smile and a laugh. You were there for me all the time and kept me laughing even when I didn't feel like it. When I hated the male race you were there to remind me that there were still some nice guys left out there. I am thankful for your friendship and even though we may lose touch, I will always care for you as my friend and brother.

5) Mom - You're my hero! I want to be just like you. You are a godly woman and a dedicated wife and mother. Even when you had seven kids in the house you always managed to keep the house clean, organized and uncluttered. I remember you getting up early to read your Bible, pray and sing. Your singing really annoyed me at the time but I think that along with prayer and the time you spent in the Word is what got you through the day. Watching you play your different roles, rejoice and laugh when times were good, and cry and yell when times were bad, taught me what makes a strong, good woman. You don't get the praise, admiration and appreciation that you deserve but know that I look up to you, admire you and love you very much!

6) Julia - I hope that you're no longer mad at me and that you understand why our friendship slowly dissolved. I still think of you as a friend and sister and still care about you very much. I really enjoyed being such good friends with you and I LOVED hanging out with you. I really love you and your family. I was friends with you because I liked you and we got along but I also wanted to be a good influence on you and just be an older person that you could trust and depend on. I know I made some mistakes and didn't always handle things well but I never meant to hurt or disappoint you. As you grow older I do believe you'll come to understand. I know I did. I love you and think about you often!

7) Joanna W - You are such a sweet and understanding girl. Even though we have drifted apart as well I still love you and think about you! I miss you and wish we could hang out soon! Darn you for living so far away! ;)

8) Joanna M - I facebook stalk you, just so you know. ;) I look back on our years as best friends with fondness. :) That was so long ago but the memories are still fresh in my mind. Thanks for being my friend when we were younger and I enjoy catching up with you every now and then. You are a sweet girl and I still love you!

9) Laura M - I always enjoyed our conversations. Gosh, hanging out with Jo at y'alls house when we were all younger was so much fun! You were always so wise and mature beyond your years. I looked up to you as a kid. :) Thanks for coming to my wedding! It was so nice to have you there. I wish we could catch up more! Love ya!

10) Jordon - I miss you!! You're my favorite Irish girl! haha I'll never forget the time we spent together in Ireland. It was so much fun to hang out with you. You are such a sweet girl. I hope I get to see you again one day!

1 comment:

  1. Love you too, dear! We had some great times. :) Thanks for facebook stalking me--I'm impressed :P

    ReplyDelete