Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Place in a Dream

I long for a place where I can lay beside a gently gurgling stream where the water flows over the rocks and creates the sound of peace. I long for a place where I can lay on grass that will not scratch my skin or stain my clothes. A place where bugs can fly and crawl freely without irritating my skin or disturbing my peace. A place where the sun cannot hurt my eyes and where the rain can soak in yet not leave me wet. Where bees can gather their pollen and make their honey without causing fright. I long for a place where the flowers won't fade and the trees won't die. I wish for a place where I can run in my bare feet and not feel the pain of stabbing rocks or debris. I wish for a place of complete serenity.

I hope for the redeemed.

But in reality, at the end, after my husband has passed away and my children have grown and left me; after my skin has formed wrinkles and my energy wanes; after all that has been familiar is gone and it's just me, the hope for the redeemed and my Redeemer is all I'll have left. And I must always remind myself that that is certainly worth living for.

No comments:

Post a Comment